Sunday, May 2, 2010

Got Milk??

According to an article in this month’s Women’s Health magazine,  women who drank skim milk after exercising lost weight compared to women who drank a sports drink after a workout, who actually gained weight. They stated that milk helps the body to burn calories and build muscle. Now, I'm not big on a study stating that doing this ONE specific thing is going to help you lose weight because the only way that would work, according to me, is if every women in the study metabolized things the same way, ate and did everything identical to one another for that to be accurate. But, this brings up a good point that my husband and I debate about all the time, LITTLE CHANGES!!! I personally feel that every little change you make in your daily life effects your overall health and well being. Is drinking a glass of skim milk after a workout going to be your miracle cure to losing weight, I doubt it; is switching to whole wheat bread going to save you from having a heart attack later in life, probably not. BUT every little thing, adds up to BIG things! Every time I choose to buy my kid’s string cheese instead of goldfish and every time I make a sandwich with 100% whole wheat bread I am doing things that are going to improve our health over time. Sure, if I switch to whole wheat, but eat a bowl of ice cream before bed every night, that probably isn't going to do me much good, but moderation in everything and making little changes to my diet are going to help me to be healthier and happier. What are some little things that you do to be a little bit healthier??

No comments:

Post a Comment