Monday, April 5, 2010

Fact OR Crap?

Fact or Crap? Ice cold water causes you to burn more calories than room temperature water? My finding is Fact AND Crap. I did a little bit of research last night and here is what I found. It is true that cold water causes your body to warm the water itself, burning calories. BUT, the Crap part is that although it is said to be true, the amount of calories you burn by drinking ice cold water doesn't even equal the amount of calories in an apple. One article I read said for 16oz of ice cold water your body would burn an additional 17 1/2 calories. So for ME, it's not worth it. I like room temp water because when I am thirsty I can chug it as fast as I can, if it's ice cold I can only sip it and I don't drink as much.
 So there ya go.....this one is FACT and CRAP, according to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment