Saturday, March 27, 2010

Some of my yummy quick foods!

Just wanted to share afew of my favorite new "eats" that help me to grab something quick, easy and healthy!

These dried blueberries from Costco are SO yummy!! I bought fresh ones and they were SO bitter I couldn't even eat them. But my favorite is to put a small handful of these in about a 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese. YUM! Together I get:
15g protien, 2 Fiber only 2.5g fat and about 230 calories.
I wouldn't spend 230 calories on snaks normally but because of all the protein and fiber it really fills me up!


FAVORITE new lunch item!!! These come in a 4 pack @ Costco for under $7. Heat it in the microwave and your done! Red beans & lentils in a yummy tomato sauce.....my kids LOVE it too! Feeling like I have a few calories to spare I throw a little bit of cheese on top! One entire package gives me:
7g protien, 5g fiber, 6g fat and 150 calories
Those are pretty great numbers for a lunch that entirely fills me up!

And my last new favorite is @ Costco you can buy a package of individual packages of sliced apples or baby carrots. PERFECT for needing a quick snack when I'm running out the door. And seriously not to have to slice up the apples for the kids saves me a TON of time.
Add it to a couple TB of peanut butter and you have MY favorite snack!!
Happy good eating!!!
What are some of your favorite quick and nutritious snacks?


1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristina I love your new blog. Thanks for sharing all your ideas. I'll have to go pick up those healthy snacks. We are always on the go. Okay so I have a question for you. I was watching Jamie Olivers Food Revolution the other night and loved how he's trying to change the school menu in that city. Anyways where my kids go they don't have a school lunch which is fine. But, I want to make sure my kids are getting good nutrition in their sack lunch. Do you have any ideas for packing healthy lunches? What do you pack in your kids meals. We mostly do peanut butter and jelly. What stays good in a sack lunch all day? Since they can't re heat and stuff. : )
    Jamie Webb

    ReplyDelete